What is “The Cloud”?
“The Cloud” is often a confusing and overused term.
Many people that I speak with think that “The Cloud” is an actual thing, when in fact it is simply a term. The meaning being a product or service that is accessed over the internet.
So why do you need it?
The world is changing, businesses are changing. To keep up with the flow, you need to change with it.
Better internet and mobile devices have significantly affected the way we all work. We work from more locations, using more devices than ever before.
Cloud services make this all possible.
What are the main benefits?
- Predictable costs – easy to budget for.
- High availability – services run in top tier data centres with guaranteed up-time.
- Mobile access – users can change desks, offices or locations and still work in the same way.
- Simpler business processes – services can be connected to create easy workflows.
- Meet customer expectations – people expect to be able to work with businesses through websites, apps etc.
What’s the downside?
Like everything in life there is the good and the bad.
- Time wasting – finding the good services among the bad can be time consuming.
- Changing processes – Sometimes the best services may work differently that your current processes. You may need to change your thinking.
- Internet reliance – Some services require good internet connections to work well.
- Integration – You may need expert assistance to get the services talking to each other.
How can Plan A help
We are not like most IT Consultants. We don’t simply recommend cloud services to every person we speak with, just because it is the new thing.
Our engineers work with you to understand your business processes and requirements.
Only then will we propose an appropriate solution for your business needs. This may include a mix on on-premise, Cloud and custom solutions. The proposed solutions will be tailored to your budget and unique business needs.